Thursday, May 19, 2011

Strawberry Shortcake

This was a practice run for me and I think I may have handled the dough a little bit more than I should have. Even so the result was very good. My family ate the gluten-free biscuits along with me and enjoyed every bit.

I think you likely already know how to prepare the strawberries, so here is the biscuit recipe.

Shortcakes

2 cups gluten-free flour
1/4 cup sugar
3 teaspoons Baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
12 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/2 cup partially softened butter
3/4 to 1 cup milk

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and xanthan gum in bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk gradually, stirring with a fork until dough starts sticking together. Gently shape into biscuit sized rounds. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes. Top warm biscuits with sliced strawberries and whipped cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment