Friday, July 30, 2010

Carrot Jello

My Grandma Goldammer has been making this recipe for family gatherings for as long as I can remember. It's an odd combination, but it makes a great snack or breakfast or a meal side...

Ingredients:
1 pkg 4 serving lemon Jello
1 c. Shredded carrots
1 tbs. Vinegar
½ c. Chopped nuts
1 20oz can Crushed pineapple

Directions:
1. Mix Jello as directed; add vinegar.
2. Chill Jello until thick but not set; remove from fridge add pineapple, carrots and nuts.
3. Chill until firm.

I substitute a few tbs of the nuts and add flax seed in its place when I have it on hand. It make it just that much more healthy.

Happy Eating!

2 comments:

  1. I happen to be one who likes jello salads and this one sounds really interesting. I think I just may have to give it a try.

    Thanks, Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I may have lemon jello in my cupboard...

    ReplyDelete